Monday, December 19, 2011

Love in Song of Solomon

Thou art beautiful, O my love, as Tirzah, comely as Jerusalem, terrible as an army with banners. -6:4

A garden inclosed is my sister, my spouse, a spring shut up, a fountain sealed. -4:12

I sleep, but my heart waketh: it is the voice of my beloved that knocketh, saying, open to me, my sister, my love, my dove, my undefiled: for my head is filled with dew, and my locks with the drops of the night. -5:2

Set me as a seal upon thine heart, as a seal upon thine arm: for love is strong as death; jealousy is cruel as the grave: the coals thereof are coals of fire which hath a most vehement flame. Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it; if a man would give all the substance of his house for love, it would utterly be contemned. -8:5-6

So intense.

No comments: