Thursday, April 29, 2010

Dream.

I woke up at 5:30 and immediately started tracing the chronology of events in my dream. I knew this one was different. I didn't want it to escape me.

I distinctly remember being frustrated about what I wanted to "do with my life." Dr. Jackson was talking me through it.

"Write down all the things you're interested in doing," he said.

"See that's the thing" I moped back, writing just about every artistic interest I've ever had, "Whenever I think about the gravity of the human condition, I just want people to meet with God. Developing these skills seems really trivial..."

On the top left corner of the scribbled list with words, scribbled-out words, and circled words was the phrase "meet with God."

He circled it in bold and pointed emphatically, as if about to prove a point, "Just focus on this one. Just focus on this one"

He started to blur, I was making excuses until I stopped.

It sort of made sense.

But things in dreams always make a different kind of sense than waking life.

No comments: