Monday, February 27, 2012

Getting Healthy - Numero Uno

After spending an entire night on WebMD, and diagnosing myself with GERD (fancy name for acid reflux) I've decided to make a few dietary changes in order to feel normal again.

This woman talks about singers who have dealt with acid reflux. She inspired me to tackle this annoyingly awful life-interrupting disease by eating stomach-friendly, alkaline, and doctor recommended foods.

I know I can't implement everything at once, so I'll start by adding things one at a time.

This week's kick: BONE-BROTH!

Sounds gross, but apparently it has healing properties. Very nutritious.



Here are some good recipes.

I called my mom tonight and said, "Hey, can you pick up some bones while you're at the grocery store?" So she brought home a lovely array of, um, bones. We cut up celery and carrots and let the bone soak for a good 2 hours. It should be done by now...

2 comments:

Jon Jon Wesolowski said...

Haha... When I first read that I thought you said BONE broth. As in, Broth made from bones! Wait, what the heck?!?! you did say that! Gross. *pukes*

Leah said...

Haha that's how the best soups are made jonjon. c'maaan.